Oh yes, you heard it. We’re going to Bali bitches!! The king and queen of Nasi Goreng themselves, and boy are we excited!
The ‘destination wedding’ is almost as overused as the flower crown tiara in Vogue Bride terms, but hell do whatever makes you tingle right?
As many of you know, our love of Bali takes us back to the beginning of our relationship. In fact, there’s a specific moment where I deemed Bali my ‘happy place’ but I’ll get to that another day.
For those of you who haven’t been to Bali, you’re missing out on many things, but I’ll list the ones that made it my dream wedding location:
- The people. There is a lot to be said for a religion based around karma. Where love drives people’s actions and as a tourist you feel confident that someone’s looking out for you. I love every smile and every interaction; why wouldn’t I want my guests surrounding by the same?
- The climate. Well duh, this is a no brainer. Real tans, swimming all day = Dream.
- The yoga. Wake up, yoga, eat, drink, repeat. Every bride should be surrounded by downward facing dogs in the lead up to their wedding. It’s the art of breathing.
- The Surf. This ones for Billy. Keeps him entertained all day long, happy groom, happy life.
- The food. There is one downside, I may be struggling to fit into my dress on my wedding day, but at least I’ll be filled with Balinese soup and Bali cider. Oh so delicious.
Let the Bali dreaming begin. ✔️
Follow the @blasebride on Instagram for all my wedding inspo.